Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Ohio Street, July 27, 3 PM

A rare weekday afternoon swim at Ohio Street. We took 5 of my visiting grandkids, and their parents, to Navy Pier and while we were there we stopped off for an hour of Ohio St beach. The two older ones are lifeguards and I tried to introduce them to some open water swimming, but there was no taking. They preferred to play with the younger ones in waist deep water. Surprisingly there were only two Park District lifeguards at the beach for several hundred people and I only saw one on the wall. But then, there were no too many of us swimming the wall at that hour. I did swim to the quarter mile buoy and back but then had to rejoin the family. I forgot to put on any cap, but that wasn't necessary for warmth as the surface water was around 80. There was colder water below but I rarely came in contact with it while swimming. An OK swim, but thats about it.