Monday, July 04, 2016

Ohio st, Monday, July 4

For some reason it does not seem like July already, perhaps because I haven't yet done my 1500 race. So when I agreed to swim July 2 I had forgotten that I always swim July 4 and I should have waited. But then we had to come again today. But now I'm glad we did Saturday. Parking was hard, we got the last, possibly illegal spot by Starbucks. But we didn't get a ticket. I thought the forecast looked questionable, wavy and it was correct. By the beach it was pretty calm but by Chicago Ave it got choppy and worse as we continued. At the half mile buoy we did not hesitate to turn around, although Jody did want to test the strong current. Among other things we realized that we would quickly lose sight of each other in the heavy chop. The swim back was harder than the swim out so clearly there was an outbound current. One of the hardest swims we have had here.

The one good thing is the water has actually reached 70.