Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ohio Street, September 12

No big shoulders for me this year due to family business out east. Today is a beautiful fall-like day so a bike ride down the lake front to Ohio Street was in order. A stiff wind from the northwest made the trip down lake like biking downhill - I was in essentially the highest gear. Coming back I was in a gear normally used only when riding uphill. No one was in the water, the few people on any of the beaches were warmly dressed, only one brave woman at Oak Street was sunbathing in a bikini. I did wade in long enough to get a temperature reading, the water was 66 and moderately wavy for Ohio street. It was certainly swimmable and I probably would have gone in had there been other swimmers. But given the 60 air temperature and the hassle of beach change, locking up my stuff and then reversing the process after the swim, I decided getting to my favorite sushi restaurant during lunch hour was higher priority than swimming.