Sunday, September 02, 2012

Ohio Street September 2

Rain and thunder predicted, the Sharks canceled their Promontory Point swim for today and I decided to bag it also. But we miscommunicated and at 5:45 there was Jody waiting in front of my house. No rain in sight. So I threw on my suit and off we went back to Ohio Street and I'm glad we did. Conditions were much better than yesterday, and between the beach and Chicago Ave there was only heavy chop, but it was easy to swim in it. Further on we hit waves but the only problem was visibility, Jody is faster than me and when she got a bit ahead I could not see her at all. But we had agreed to check in with each other at Chicago Ave both ways and at the far turnaround; when I got to these spots she was right where she was supposed to be. A much faster swim than yesterday and we hurried home for family obligations. The water was slightly cooler, 73, but the air was a bit warmer and not quite so windy. The latter is probably what made the difference.