Sunday, August 10, 2014

Ohio Street, August 9 - Sharkfest

When its warm its warm, the first Sharkfest swim at Ohio street had 75.4 degree water and sunny skies. There was, however quite a bit of chop, at places there was as much as 2 feet worth. Jody and I successfully conducted Heidi through the course. It took a while but we were not quite last. I did feel like I had swum at least 2 miles.

This first Sharksfest in Chicago, according to the organizer the sharks to worry about here are Loan Sharks which is true since Illinois has some of the weakest laws in the country against fringe financial products, attracted 204 swimmers from ages 11 to 75 and was a very low key affair. Perhaps the highlight was the deep dish Connie's pizza which was the reward for finishing. At $60 to $80 a pop I doubt I would have swum it except for Heidi, but it was fun.