Saturday, September 03, 2005

Evanston, September 3

An almost perfect day. We hadn't planned on swimming but Mike decided to let his wife sleep late and called on the off chance that I was available. My wife was off to a morning at the beauty shop so I jumped at the chance and we got out early. Back at our usual beach the construction crews were taking the holiday weekend off so we figured that signs or no we could park, and we could. The water was supposed to be flat, or close to it, from shore it looked only like chop but from the water there were real 1 footers. Swimming was easy anyway. My only problem was the sun in my face on the swim out but it was warm on my back during the return. The water was 71 and clear enough to see ones toes. Das Boot came by right on schedule and caught us near the far wall, but this was off private property and they did not even give us a glance. We enjoyed the sun and beach for a little while after the swim but we had to get back to the wives and were gone before any of the beach crew showed up. By the time we left a strong north wind had developed and the waves had increased noticibly so we probably had the best part of the day.